101 Questions and Answers About: The Protection of Personal Information Act (2014),1st Edition (Rev.)
|Author(s):||Cronje, F,Taylor, D|
|Categories:||Consumer Law, Governance, Risk and Compliance|
About this publication
The Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI) has far-reaching implications for organisations and individuals who must comply with it. Those affected by this all-encompassing Act will have many questions. This book lists 101 of these questions and provides possible answers.
It also contains the full text of the Act for easy reference. The new legislation affects organisations and individuals in different ways and across a wide spectrum of roles, from CEO to junior IT staff. The marketing department of an organisation, for instance, may need to know more about the appropriate processing of personal information for promotional purposes, while a multinational organisation may want to learn about how the Act relates to trans-border information flows. This user-friendly book makes the legislation accessible to people from the vantage point of their interests.
- Section A: What will this book say about the Protection of Personal Information (POPI) Act?
- Section B: What is personal information?
- Section C: Some key elements to understand when processing personal information
- Section D: Certain do’s and don’ts
- Section E: Initiating compliance with the POPI Act
- Section F: Implications, fines, penalties and possible remediation
- Section G: What are employers’ responsibilities?
- Section H: The transfer of personal information across borders
- Section I: Some other important questions
- Full text of the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013
We Also Recommend
#Legaltech Startups and Innovation: Changing Traditional Law-Firm Business Models One,1st Edition