PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT - A CONTEMPORARY SOUTH AFRICAN PERSPECTIVE
Performance management is, by its very nature, a contentious and emotionally charged topic. Because the lines between management and appraisal are often blurred, performance management tends to get cast in a harsh and negative light, creating anxiety and distrust that defeats the object. Performance management: A contemporary South African perspective examines the practice of performance management in the modern South African workplace and how to balance the positive with its more challenging negative facets.
Performance management: A contemporary South African perspective explores various aspects of performance management systems and processes. It highlights best practice and innovative ideas for implementation that will enable managers, employees and teams to achieve success and improve results. Examples and real-life scenarios provide practical guidelines and applications.
Contents include the following:
- Understanding performance management
- Business strategy and performance
- Creating a high-performance culture
- Performance management process
- Development and implementation of performance management systems
- An overview of performance measurement
- Performance measurement in practice
- Team performance management
- Performance management skills
- Dealing with underperformance
- Performance development
- Rewarding good performance
- Monitoring and evaluation
- The future of performance management in the new world of work
Performance management: A contemporary South African perspective is aimed at senior undergraduate as well as postgraduate students at further and higher education institutions within South Africa. It will also serve as a valuable resource to human resource practitioners and managers.
We Also Recommend
YOUNG CHILD IN CONTEXT - A PSYCHO-SOCIAL PERSPECTIVE REVISED, THE 2/E
An Introduction to Scholarship: Building academic skills for tertiary study 2e