Help, I'm a student teacher! : Skills development for teaching practice
Teaching and learning is an active, social and transformative process, which can be a daunting prospect for a student teacher trying to navigate curricula, relevant legislation, discipline and the diversity of South African schools. Help, I’m a student teacher! endeavours to enhance social and cognitive skills within a context of value-driven education.
Help, I’m a student teacher! is about using theory and research to inform practice, on the one hand, and using experience from practice to inform theory and research, on the other. Activities in each chapter provide practical applications for the topics being discussed.
Contents include the following:
- Values versus rules
- The teaching–learning context in South Africa
- Development of facilitation skills
- Developing intellectual thinking and reasoning
- Integrating educational media in teaching and learning
- Classroom assessment
- Dimensions of a lesson plan
- Creating a disciplined learning environment
- Specific fundamental rights in the educational context
Help, I’m a student teacher! is aimed at student teachers enrolled for programmes in the Intermediate, Senior and Further Education and Training phases as well as teachers in practice who want to refresh their knowledge and skills.
We Also Recommend
'baie worde' : Identiteit en transformasie by Antjie Krog
'n Hele OS Vir 'n Ou Broodmes : Grond En Die Plaasnarratief Sedert 1595