Focus on Operational Management 4e
Focus on Operational Management: A generic approach gives a general overview of management principles and the general management activities needed by the operational and first-time manager in the workplace today. These principles are important for the sustainability of an organisation.
The following topics are discussed:
- The new workplace environment
- The changing role of the operational and first-time manager
- Operational planning, operational decision-making and problem-solving, organizing operational resources, operational control and leadership
- Employment relations in the workplace
- Organisational culture, diversity management, business ethics, corporate social responsibility, organisational politics and change management in the workplace.
- Learning outcomes to introduce each chapter
- Self-assessment exercises at the end of each chapter
- In-text activities and the latest developments to enhance the reader’s understanding of topics covered.
- This book has a hands-on approach, giving readers a practical understanding of the day-to-day activities in the workplace at the operational level. It is aimed at first-time managers, operational managers, supervisors and team leaders who need a holistic overview of general operational management activities.
We Also Recommend