Education Studies 2e addresses the study of education and its foundations.
- Learning objectives and mind maps that represent the structure of the chapter and provide an overview of the material to be covered
- Case studies which provide real-life examples from history as well as current affairs to engage students' interest and allow them to put theory into practice
- Questions that elicit a personal response to content covered in the chapters and allow students to analyse and consolidate information
- The history of education section includes more on the history of southern African countries and indigenous knowledge as well as pre-colonial education
- A new chapter on education in Botswana, Lesotho and Swaziland
- A new section on the psychology of education, with chapters on learning theories and development, and pedagogy
- Chapter 10 offers an increased focus on practical reason, incorporating concepts such as autonomy, socialisation and indoctrination