Bee Book, The
In terms of its focus specifically on top-bar beekeeping in southern Africa, this book is a first. This claim is especially true in relation to its application as a viable source of income for people in poorer communities as well as its specific educational content and structure. Thus, the book aims to provide:
- a detailed guide to setting up a top-bar beekeeping project in a rural or semi-rural community as an income-earning resource, the primary purpose of which is its potential use as a learning tool appropriate to studying Agriculture on Adult Education and Training courses
- a textbook or resource that could be used by lecturers training teachers in the area of Agriculture, as well as by teachers in schools at Senior Secondary level
- a handbook for Agricultural Extension Officers and NGOs wishing to set up a rural beekeeping project to provide people in their area with a ready source of income
- a practical field guide to top-bar beekeeping for anyone to set up their own, or a co-operative, beekeeping business
- practical support by two of the co-authors in terms of providing training with AgriSeta Accreditation.