An Introduction to scholarship: building academic skills for tertiary study offers a practical, skills-based approach to developing the basic academic and critical thinking skills required to succeed in the tertiary environment.
- A scenario or case study relevant to the problems discussed in the chapter Margin glosses of difficult or new vocabulary
- Short explanations of theory and examples, followed by practical, guided activities
- A range of response and comprehension questions, as well as more challenging, higher order cognitive questions
- Links to practical activities and assessments on the Learning Zone
- A final question that encourages students to think critically about what they have covered, and how it integrates with their studies in general.